Resolutions are something you decide or commit to do (or not to do). The New Year is a time when many people try to break their bad habits and create new ones.
15 Common New Year’s Resolutions:
- Lose weight
- Get in shape or physically fit
- Stop smoking
- Stop eating junk food
- Get out of debt
- Spend more time with family or friends
- Get organized
- Learn something new (like English!)
- Help others
- Drink less alcohol
- Spend less money
- Get a new job/Start a new career
- Get more sleep/rest
- Stop procrastinating
- Get better at something (like knitting, snowboarding or cooking)
Making your New Year’s Resolutions a Success:
- Make a plan.
Know how you plan to meet your resolution and create good habits. What will you do each day, week or month to reach your goal?
- Make sure it is a measurable goal.
Examples: Lose weight- How much? How? What are you going to change? Try to make your resolutions specific.
- Celebrate the small success.
Take each resolution day by day. Try to meet small goals along the way.
Possible English Language Learning Resolutions:
- Practice English 15 minutes/day.
- Try a new activity/game in English.
- Watch more English Language Films/Movies/Shows.
- Listen to more English. (TV, Music, Podcasts, etc.)
- Make an English Speaking Friend.
- Attend all of your English Classes on time.
- Find New Ways to use English.
- Travel to an English Speaking Country.
- Pass/Study for the TOFEL or IELTS Exams.
- Become Fluent in English.
What are your New Year’s Resolutions for this year?
Ready to jump-start your English learning this year? Register for our 30-Day English Challenge Course, where you will receive a new English lesson every day for 30 days. Each lesson will be on a different topic and will have English listening, speaking, reading and writing activities for you to complete. Learn more about the Challenge Course Here.